Report Misconduct

Report Misconduct or File a Complaint

The Knoxville Police Department Office of Professional Standards accepts and investigates all complaints regarding officer and employee conduct and other selected aspects concerning the conduct of City employees working in other branches of the government. The Office acts upon the same precepts and procedures as criminal investigative units of the department and is ethically bound to be thorough, fair, and impartial.

Any person may make a complaint regarding alleged misconduct by members of the Knoxville Police Department. Complaints can be submitted through numerous avenues, including by calling the Office of Professional Standards directly at 865-215-7237. Citizens can also submit complaints in person or through direct mail to the Public Safety Complex located at 1650 Huron Street, Knoxville, TN 37917.

The Public Safety Complex mailing address is 1617 Saint Mary Street, Knoxville, TN 37917.

Complaints concerning police conduct may also be filed with the Knoxville Police Advisory & Review Committee (PARC) by telephone, online, consultation, and/or scheduling an appointment with the PARC Executive Director at 865-215-3869 or 865-679-2987. Another method is to write to: Jered Croom, Executive Director, Police Advisory & Review Committee, P.O. Box 1631, Knoxville, TN 37901.